Finding the right people can prove costly especially for start ups, the success or failure of a small business can often rest in the hands of its people.
Working with a virtual assistant makes sense: not only you minimise your exposure by ensuring you get the right skills but also you won’t need to commit to the cost of hiring employees. Unlike employees, virtual professionals are running a business themselves, they are able to see the big picture and work within your budget.
What can a Virtual Assistant do?
Here’s a list of 25 tasks that a VA can do to free you from being trapped:
- Email and Diary Management
- Book meetings and travel
- Source and book venues
- Invoice Clients
- Follow Up Payments
- Pay your Bills
- Keep track of your expenses
- VAT Return
- File Management (organise files in online file storage sites like Dropbox, ShareFile, Box, SkyDrive …)
- CRM Management: building and updating databases
- Preparing PowerPoint Presentations, slideShare …
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports (Deadline / Deliverables Tracking…)
- Your point of contact: liaise and coordinate with other team members
- Manage and Update Social Media Accounts
- Research for business development or for blog posts, and newsletters’ content
- Setting up Autoresponders (Constant Contact, AWeber, Mailchimp …)
- Manage your WordPress Blogs / Pages
- Set-up Social Media Accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube)
- Outsource / Help research and recruit other contractors
- Project Manage and follow up on outstanding issues
- Various Adhoc tasks: order stationary, products …
- Set up systems for managing documents, procedures when it comes to meeting service levels, dealing with complaints, queries ….
- Create templates for sending out sales letters
- Edit, format and circulate newsletters
- Design and order business cards/ logos/ postcards and other marketing material
The list can be more extensive, the tip is to be clear on the tasks outsourced in other words the “What” then let go: the VA can bring in the “How” to get things done.
A weekly call is always useful to make sure you don’t loose track and of course keep control.