Virtual Assistants manage a portfolio of clients – I get asked very often: how do I manage various clients simultaneously?
Here are 6 quick tips on how to multitask and stay focused:
- Systems: the right systems in place save time and energy. Think about your business goals and objectives, and build an efficient system in place to help you achieve them.
- Processes: very much linked to systems – have clear sets of processes for repetitive tasks, by using the right tasks management and time tracking tools, having weekly calls …
- Email Management: manage your emails effectively – organise your emails by setting up a simple filing system with broad categories like “Urgent Emails”, “Action” , “Reference”, “Later”. This helps in limiting the time wasted on unnecessary emails, you can also set up rules in gmail and outlook to have the email arrive in the specific folder/label.
- Checklist: keep a weekly/monthly checklist to review regularly with each repeat clients as tasks can evolve and priorities may change
- Admin: stay on top of your own admin and invoices. Declutter regularly!
- Review: revisit your processes and systems to improve your services, and get regular feedback from clients to remain consistent in your support.
There are many online collaboration tools for proficient VAs that will maximise their productivity. All tools can be tailored and agreed with each client, at the start of the working relationship and may develop with time.
Like any business, the VA’s world is not static – you need to constantly review, evolve and react to challenging requirements that are sometimes necessary to deliver reliability.
“ Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down” – Ray Bradbury