In an ever evolving “online” landscape, a virtual assistant regularly streamlines processes for an effective remote support.
Here’s a list with 17 tools every VA can use to run an efficient business:
- Yast – Easy time tracking tool to increase productivity, helps you manage various clients with a breakdown of tasks for each client. It is easy to produce time sheets at a press of a button.
- Toggl – Like Yast Toggl’s time tracker is built for speed and ease of use.
These tools are essential for a VA to manage various clients, various tasks, prioritise and improve focus and productivity. Multitasking is not productive when working for different clients, complete focus on one task at a time is what every client is paying for, the time management tools help you achieve that.
FILE SHARING / STORAGE
- Dropbox – is known for their robust file sharing capabilities. It simplifies your work, with a central place to access and share files; you can create and share documents, videos, photos, and slides all through the cloud. This makes sharing, editing, and storing very simple. Dropbox is great for small businesses as it is reasonably priced.
- ShareFile – protects data with state-of-the-art security, files, emails and attachments are always safe with bank-level encryption. With ShareFile you can easily share and send large files of any format to your team and clients, save and backup all your files with unlimited cloud storage and access files anywhere, from any device with secure mobile apps and desktop sync.
- WeTransfer – is the best way to share large media files, the core service is free, with more features available for premium accounts.
- Hootsuite – is a social media management platform, that allows you to monitor and schedule all your social media content from one platform.
- Oktopost – If you have various clients that need you to post social media content, Oktopost lets you easily manage large-scale content distribution to social media, across all profiles, groups and company pages.
- Buffer – is another simple and easy way to schedule posts, track the performance of your content, and manage all your accounts in one place.
- Canva – Often you’re going to want an image to accompany the great content you’re posting on social media. Canva allows you to create eye-catching and professional graphics. No experience necessary.
PROJECT AND TASK MANAGEMENT
- Asana – is a project and task management tool. Features include task management, reporting, automatic notifications, a customer portal, collaboration tools, dashboards, a mobile application, document management and task assigning. Asana also includes an Inbox feature that captures all updates generated automatically by the software.
- Basecamp – with to-do-lists, calendaring, due dates and file-sharing, Basecamp provides a way for teams to keep track of priorities and actionable items.
- Huddle – with Huddle, it’s easy to create secure, cloud-based Workspaces where you can collaborate with teams and clients. Whether you need your internal teams to work more efficiently with each other, or you’re looking for a way to securely collaborate with clients, Huddle makes collaboration easy without compromising security.
- QuickBooks – is an accounting software that allows you to create and track invoices, it also allows the user to manage Corporation Tax, payroll, and VAT returns. You can send invoices using apps for tablet and mobile phone. You can also customise invoices, track real-time payments and schedule repeat payments. As a small business owner, you will get paid faster and save time on your accounting.
- Freshbooks – is another accounting software that makes invoicing and billing simple for small businesses, you can easily add your tracked time and expenses to your invoices.
- Expensify – Expensify is a tool for expense report management, receipt tracking, and business travel. Snap a photo of your receipt using SmartScan and Expensify takes care of the rest! Designed for small businesses, accountants, and individuals who are sick of wasting time with spreadsheets, Expensify streamlines business travel and tax compliance with expense reports.
- Doodle.com -Trying to arrange a meeting that involves several people can be tricky. Doodle makes scheduling simple.
- GoToMeeting – is another tool used to host online meetings, collaborate on documents, and share desktops and screens.
“For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Image source: Shutterstock